Prof. Haytam Kasem
Head of the Department of Mechanical Engineering
Head of the Tribology & Biomimetic Microstructures Laboratory
Member of the Academic Council.
Member of the Scientific Research Committee.
Member of the College Management Forum.
Tribology (friction, wear, lubrication), adhesive biomimetic microstructure, bio-tribology, tribology of polymers and composite materials, thermal measurement in tribology, surface and interface characterization, bio-inspired surfaces, surface treatment, surface texturing, design and assembly of customized tribological test-rig.
- Kasem, S. Bonnamy, B. Rousseau, H. Estrade-Szwarckopf, Y. Berthier and P. Jacquemard, "Interdependence between Wear Process, Size of Detached Particles and CO2 Production during Carbon/Carbon Composite Friction", Wear, 263 (2007) 1220-1229.
- Kasem, J. Thevenet, X. Boidin, M. Siroux, P. Dufrénoy, B. Desmet and Y. Desplanques, "An Emissivity-Corrected Method for the Accurate Radiometric Measurement of Transient Surface Temperatures during Braking", Tribology International, 43 (2010) 1823-1830.
- Kasem and Y. Cohen, “Effect of Counterface Roughness on the Friction of Bionic Wall-shaped Microstructures for Gecko-like Attachments”, Bioinspir Biomim. 2017 Aug 4; 12(4):046010. doi: 10.1088/1748-3190/aa7720.
- Kasem, H. Shriki, L. Ganon, M. Mizrahi, K. Abd-Rbo and A. Domb, “Effect of Rubber Plunger Surface Texturing on Dynamic Friction in Medical Syringes”, Friction, doi.org/10.1007/s40544-018-0227-5.
- Stav, H. Kasem, R. Akhvlediani, A. Hoffman, Y. Kligerman, I. Etsion, “Simultaneous Shot-Peening of Hard and Soft Particles for Friction Reduction in Reciprocal Sliding”, Tribology International 130 (2019) 19-26.
- Badler, H. Kasem, “Synergetic effect of the simultaneous use of different biomimetic adhesive micro-structures on tribological performances”, Biotribology, DOI: 10.1016/j.biotri.2020.100124,