Dr. Yaal Lester
Head of Natural Resources and the Environment program
Advanced water and wastewater treatments
Sea water desalination
Environmental redox processes
Ozoen and UV-based disinfection
Ground water contamination
- Blackbeard, J., Lloyd, J., Magyar, M., Mieog, J., Linden, K. and Lester, Y. (2016) Demonstrating organic contaminant removal in an ozone-based water reuse process at full scale. Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology, 2, 213.
- Lester, Y., Love, N., Singh, R., Aga, D. and Linden, K.G. (2016) Integrative Advanced oxidation and biofiltration for treating pharmaceuticals in wastewater. Water Environment Research 88, 1985-1993.
- Lester, Y., Sabacha, S., Zivan, O. and Dubowski, Y. (2017) Key environmental processes affecting the fate of the insecticide chloropyrifos applied to leaves. Chemosphere 171, 74-80.
- Lester, Y., Dabash, A., Eghbareya, D. (2018) UV sensitization of nitrate and sulfite: A powerful tool for groundwater remediation. Environments, 5, 117
- Lester, Y., Shaulsky, E., Epsztein, R., Zucker, I. (2020). Capacitive deionization for simultaneous removal of salt and uncharged organic contaminants from water. Separation and Purification Technology, 237, 116388
- Orbaum, N., Serlin, L., Mashiah, A.L., Brover, S., Sahar-Hadar, E., Lester, Y. (2020). A simplified method for the quantification of fouling on ro membranes: Implication for the selection of effective cleaning chemicals. Desalination and Water Treatment 194, 52-58