Department of Advanced Materials Engineering
Azrieli College of Engineering Jerusalem
POB 3566, Jerusalem 9103501, Israel
Tel: 972-2-6588000 Ext. 240
Deputy Head, Department of Advanced Materials Engineering
Member, College Admissions Committee
Associate Editor, Journal of the American Ceramic Society
Life Member, The American Ceramic Society
Associate Professor, The University of Illinois (1983-2000)
- Processing of Ceramics and Ceramic Matrix Composites
- Advanced Ceramic Armor Materials
- Ceramic Phase Equilibria and Solid Solutions
- Sintering and Properties of Nanoscale Ceramics.
- A. Zangvil and R. Ruh, “Phase Relationships in the SiC?AlN System,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 71 (1988), 884-90.
- A. Zangvil and Y.W. Chang, “Direct HVEM Observations of Transitions in YBa2Cu3O7-x in the Presence of a Controlled Oxygen Atmosphere,” Physica C, 173 (1991), 251-59.
- A. Zangvil, C. C. Lin and R. Ruh, “Microstructural Studies in Alkoxide-Derived Mullite/Zirconia/Silicon Carbide-Whisker Composites,” J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 75  (1992), 1254-63.
- Xu, A. Zangvil and A. Kerber, “SiC Nanoparticle-Reinforced Al2O3 Matrix Composites: Role of Intra- and Intergranular Particles,” J. Europ. Ceram. Soc., 17 (1997), 921-28.
- Mogilevsky and A. Zangvil, “Kinetics of Oxidation in Oxide Ceramic Matrix Composites”, Materials Science and Engineering A, A354 (2003), 58-66.