Deputy Head, Department of Advanced Materials Engineering
Member, College Admissions Committee
- Associate Editor, Journal of the American Ceramic Society
- Life Member, The American Ceramic Society
- Associate Professor, The University of Illinois (1983-2000)
Tel: 972-2-6588000 Ext. 240
- Processing of Ceramics and Ceramic Matrix Composites
- Advanced Ceramic Armor Materials
- Ceramic Phase Equilibria and Solid Solutions
- Sintering and Properties of Nanoscale Ceramics.
- A. Zangvil and R. Ruh, "Phase Relationships in the SiC?AlN System," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 71 (1988), 884-90.
- A. Zangvil and Y.W. Chang, "Direct HVEM Observations of Transitions in YBa2Cu3O7-x in the Presence of a Controlled Oxygen Atmosphere," Physica C, 173 (1991), 251-59.
- A. Zangvil, C. C. Lin and R. Ruh, "Microstructural Studies in Alkoxide-Derived Mullite/Zirconia/Silicon Carbide-Whisker Composites," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 75  (1992), 1254-63.
- Y. Xu, A. Zangvil and A. Kerber, "SiC Nanoparticle-Reinforced Al2O3 Matrix Composites: Role of Intra- and Intergranular Particles," J. Europ. Ceram. Soc., 17 (1997), 921-28.
- P. Mogilevsky and A. Zangvil, “Kinetics of Oxidation in Oxide Ceramic Matrix Composites”, Materials Science and Engineering A, A354 (2003), 58-66.