Head, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Thermal modeling and behavior of biological media
- Human thermal comfort and protective garments
- Applications of heat transfer in medicine (cryosurgery, wind chill, etc.)
- Air conditioning and refrigeration
- Magalov, Z., Shitzer, A. and Degani, D.," Experimental and numerical study of 1, 2 and 3 embedded needle cryo-probes simultaneously operated by high pressure Argon gas" ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 130, No. 3, pp. 032301/1-12, 2008.
- Shitzer, A." Assessment of the effects of environmental radiation on wind chill equivalent temperatures" European Journal of Applied Physiology, Vol. 104, No. 2, pp. 115-120, 2008.
- Beckerman, G., Shitzer, A. and Degani, D., "Numerical model of the effects of a thermally-significant blood vessel on solidification by a circular surface cryosurgical probe compared to experimental data" ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 131, No.5, pp. 051101.1-9, 2009.
- Rybko, N., Shitzer, A. and Degani, D., "Experimental simulation of a thermally significant blood vessel in a tissue subjected to cryo-surgery/" 7th World Conference on Experimental Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics, Krakow, Poland, pp. 193-200, 28/6-03/7, 2009.
- Kolarik, J., Toftum, J., Olesen, B. W. and Shitzer, A., "Occupant responses and office work performance in environments with moderately drifting temperatures" (RP-1269). HVAC&R Research, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 931-960, 2009.
- Shitzer, A. and Tikuisis, P., "Advances, shortcomings, and recommendations for wind chill estimation" International Journal of Biometeorology, Special Issue (UTCI), DOI 10.1007/S00484-010-0362-9, September 2010.
Shitzer, A., Cryosurgery: "Analysis and experimentation of cryoprobes in phase changing media" ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 133, No. 1, pp. 11005.1-12, 2011.
Benshabat Y., and Shitzer, A., Facial convective heat exchange coefficients in cold and windy environments estimated from human experiments. International Journal of Biometeorology (in press).